Professional & Effective
Pain Management Treatments
- Epidural blocks - Injections into cervical, thoracic, and lumbar regions.
- Transforaminal epidural injections
- Piriformis muscle blocks - Provides pain relief in the lower buttocks area.
- Intercostal nerve blocks - For intercostal neuralgia or post hepatic neuralgia
- Coccygeal blocks - Releives pain in the tailbone region
- Trigger point injections
- Hip, knee, and shoulder injections
- Sacroiliac joint blocks
- Lumbar and stellate ganglion sympathetic blocks
- Cervical, thoracic, and lumbar facet joint block
- Occipital nerve blocks
- Lateral femoral cutaneous nerve blocks
Dr. Dumitru and his staff work to deliver pain management treatments in a manner that places the comfort and safety of his patients, first. This includes:
- Minor blocks are performed with UltraSound guidance in the office.
- Major treaments administrered in a sterile operating room environment.
- IV sedation administered by board certified anesthesiologists and CRNA's.
- Fluoroscopic guidance used for accurate delivery of blocks.
- Communication with patients every step of the way, so they understand what to expect, and to eliminate their fears and stress by dealing wit them in a very compassionate manner.
- Professional and friendly staff that work hard to make patients feel comfortable.
In addition to the more common treatments, Dr. Dumitru has advanced training with a vast array of diagnostic and therapeutic techniques that he can propose to patients based upon need:
- MILD - Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression
- Disc nuceoplasty
- Intradiscal Electrothermal Therapy (IDET)
- Treatment of spasticity, inluding myoblock (Botox) injections.
- Spinal chord stimulation trial implantation.
About the Doctor
Adrian C. Dumitru, M.D.
Pain & Health Management
Dr. Dumitru has completed a Fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine. He is board certified in Pain Management and recognized expert in his field, and has taught and practiced anesthesia at Methodist Hospital. He has maintained his own practice in the Houston and Beaumont area for the past 13 years and has recently opened his new Baytown location.
Dr. Dumitru focuses his efforts on musculoskeletal problems. His philosophy is to take a multi-disciplinary approach to treatment that starts with understanding a patient's medical needs, as well as their personal preferences for treatment. He actively engages primary care physicians, and specialists, such as neurosurgeons, orthopedic surgeons, physical medicine and rehabilitation doctors, psychiatrists, psychologists, chiropractors, and physical therapists. His goal is to create a comprehensive pain treatment plan that provides patients with the best opportunity for relief, and the ability to achieve a high quality of life.
Pain Medicine Anesthesiology
- Board Certifications
Pain Medicine, 2002
- Education & Training
Institute Of Medicine & Pharmacy 'Carol Davila'
9055 Katy Fwy, Ste 311
Houston, TX 77024
1626 West Baker
Baytown, TX 77024
87 IH-10 Ste 127
Beaumont, TX 77521